5 February 2011

Little Chef's

I'm not the only one in the house that loves cooking - I have two little chefs who enjoy mixing, stirring, chopping, and most importantly, eating. So this week we spent lots of time in kitchen making cakes and cookies, and I just have to share little chef #1 cooking up some fabulous butterfly cakes. I tried to convince her to make banana cakes - I was thinking about the school lunchboxes the next day, but I couldn't turn those puppy dog eyes down when she wanted to cook chocolate cake.  I'd share the recipe, but really... it's on the box. Yep, I'll admit it, when it comes to kids and chocolate cakes, cooking with Betty (Crocker that is) is the way to go.

So here's little chef#1 breaking eggs, don't you love the chef's hat!


And pouring the batter after mixing


And her favourite part, didn't we all love this bit when we cooked with mum


and the finished product - how cool are these


They didn't last long!  The butterfly pan was my christmas present from the little chefs, painstakingly picked out amongst all the other cooking stuff at my favourite kitchen store - I love how much thought went into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment