I used fresh raspberries, and love fresh raspberries, but this is a recipe that is great with frozen as well, and to be honest they hold their texture well.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams white chocolate (chopped) or chips if you can get them
- 225 mls milk
- 150 mls cream
- 125 grams butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 250 grams raspberries, fresh or frozen (be gentle with fresh raspberries)
- Pop the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and whisk or stir to mix and aerate the ingredients.
- Add in the milk, cream, butter, vanilla essence and egg and mix briefly.
- Add in the chocolate and raspberries and stir very briefly to combine, but keeping a few of the raspberries whole.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius (380 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15 to 20 minutes until a skewer comes out of the muffin clean.
|into the muffin tins|