22 April 2013

Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins


I love looking at the ingredients in my fridge, having a bit of time, and thinking about what I can cook. My main ingredient was raspberries, I tipped the Bacardi bottle upside down and it was sadly empty, so a Mojito was out of the question, I contemplated Creme Brulees, but thought the hours on the treadmill to burn them off wasn't worth it (I would quite happily eat them all), I'll save them for a dinner party. So....in comes muffins, the ultimate in share food, I could quality test one or two that afternoon with hubby, and take the rest into work the next day to share, not too generous though, as I needed two for breakfast (quality checking of course) before anyone else got a look in.

I used fresh raspberries, and love fresh raspberries, but this is a recipe that is great with frozen as well, and to be honest they hold their texture well.



Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

  • 3 cups flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 150 grams white chocolate (chopped) or chips if you can get them
  • 225 mls milk
  • 150 mls cream
  • 125 grams butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 250 grams raspberries, fresh or frozen (be gentle with fresh raspberries)


Method
  1. Pop the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and whisk or stir to mix and aerate the ingredients.
  2. Add in the milk, cream, butter, vanilla essence and egg and mix briefly.
  3. Add in the chocolate and raspberries and stir very briefly to combine, but keeping a few of the raspberries whole.
  4. Bake at 200 degrees celsius (380 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15 to 20 minutes until a skewer comes out of the muffin clean.
into the muffin tins

after baking


No comments:

Post a Comment